Friday 14 October 2016

Time Warp: Story, Part Three of the Story-Line-Failure Trilogy

So, the other story is, as it turns out, ass. If you don't know what I mean by that, I mean I'm rewriting it. But I'm not stupid, so I'm not going to post about the story any more because the more I post about it the more I have to keep making posts about how I'm changing it. The 2.0 story's main fault was that it wasn't so much level based as it was one continuous string of levels, which all directly continue on from one another. This isn't good, mainly because it really, really, REALLY doesn't fit with the main mechanic of the entire game, which proves to be a pretty big problem in the grand scheme of things.
So, It's going to be changed to be more segmented and level based, and I'll rework the parts of the story that are required in order to get it to fit. The story is second after gameplay, after all.

Anyway, we'll finally have sections on music and the mechanic soon, as well as some other stuff, so keep your eyes peeled. I'm going to be typing them up next, though weather there'll be GIFs and demonstrations I've yet to decide. I'd like to, but since I've accidentally forgotten to update my graphics drivers I've been getting a couple of crashes when using Unity every now and again, which has caused me to loose some major work on this project, mainly relating to the AI and how it interacts with the world and the player. Not stuff that can be redone lightly, I might add. Still, it seems to be fixed for now, so check back for updates on the other promised stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment